We French citizens refuse the digital lock of our computers and the Internet, which is likely to be set up by the law DADVSI (Right of Authors and Neighboring Rights in the Information Society) via the legalization of DRM. These DRMs, veritable digital locks, challenge the right to private copying, free software, innovation in France and threaten our individual freedoms, for the sole benefit of the majors of the record. We believe that the law must defend the general interest and not a particular interest. We, therefore, decided to mobilize ourselves against the DRM and to raise awareness. You will find on this site, intended to help the coordination of the mobilization, the various events scheduled.
What do you think about DRM?
- Multilingual Indian video app Roposo raises $10M from Tiger Global and Bertelsmann
- China’s Tencent Music raises $1.1 billion in downsized US IPO
- Indonesia e-commerce leader Tokopedia raises $1.1B from Alibaba and SoftBank’s Vision Fund
- Building in Facebook’s Menlo Park campus evacuated after bomb threat
- L.A. gets more moolah, thanks to Calibrate Ventures and its new, $80 million fund